Monday, January 19, 2009

A-Z Meme

I have been tagged for this A-Z meme. I am not going to tag anyone back by name, but open it up to all the sped/AT/disability bloggers who may be interested (or may need a day off from coming up with a regular post).

Accent: Boston, but mostly when I am tired (pronounced "ti-ed")

Breakfast or no breakfast: Breakfast. Even if it is "the breakfast of champions" - Sun Chips and Diet Coke.

Chore I don’t care for: All of them, well all of them involving physical labor, I don't mind intellectual chores, writing a paper, educational evaluation, IEP or presentation is fun; just don't ask me to shovel snow or do dishes.

Dog or cat: I love animals, I currently have a cat, my Roxie. She is lying on my lap as I type.

Essential electronics: my laptop, I couldn't be without it and my Blackberry; oh and my insulin pump, that is an essential for sure

Favorite cologne: ick, cologne

Gold or silver: silver

Handbag I carry most often: backpack, it was my sister's before she died

Insomnia: every night, it is awful, I would give nearly any thing to be the kind of person who fell asleep when her head hit the pillow and stayed that way until morning

Job Title: teacher of learners with multiple special needs

Kids: sometimes I think about adopting, probably a child with disabilities, but I am getting older and my financial status isn't improving like it would need to

Living arrangements: Roxie and I in a cozy one bed room in a four apartment converted Victorian

Most admirable trait: I don't know, probably generosity of spirit?

Naughtiest childhood behavior: I almost never did my homework

Overnight hospital stay: I was in the hospital last June for what I call p-newmonia

Phobias: crowds, especially noisy, rowdy crowds when it is dark

Quote: "Shoot me now. I'm a fiddler crab" -Bugs Bunny

Reason to smile: student successes, silliness, music, good books, great friends and family, my kitty

Siblings: one brother (367 days younger) and one sister (3 years younger, recently deceased)

Time I wake up: 6:30 Monday-Friday, whenever my body feels like it on the weekends

Unusual skill or talent: I can eat fire

Vegetable I refuse to eat: peppers

Worst habit: sun chips and diet coke for breakfast sometimes

X-rays: I have broken nearly every bone at least once, thus nearly everything has been x-rayed

Yummy stuff: lasagna, stuffed shells, ice cream, expensive chocolate, fish, peas, stuffing, mashed potatoes, chocolate pudding, peanut butter and jelly on sot wheat bread, creamy soups, tikka masala, naan, enchiladas.... oh so many yummy foods


Zoo animal I like most: the primates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet