Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Next Social Studies Unit - China

Every year I design a year long unit in to use with my students. There are five units covered in a year tied to a central theme - this year the theme is "Our Global Community". We have already covered France (and saw Les Mis) and Mexico (and held a Fiesta Navidad. Come the return to school after break we will begin learning about Chine (later in the year we will learn about S. Africa and Australia).

I have been busily researching, creating Boardmaker/Classroom Suite/Clicker 5 activities and Power Point presentations. Once I am done I will post everything to the correct activity sharing group (Yahoo Boardmaker Group/Google Boardmaker Group/Intellitools Activity Exchange/Learning Grids). I will post a zip file of all of the materials I create in every format at Kate's Curriculum Group. As a preview below are two of my Power Point Presentations.

(I bought myself the PCS Metafiles from Boardmaker for Christmas so the Power Points have Mayer-Johnson symbols in them. I was very excited to use them!)

1 comment:

  1. If you want any authentic stuff, information, or mail for the Aussie unit you know who to ask :) I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

    Ricky
    ATMac- http://atmac.org/ - Assistive Technology for Mac OS X Users

    ReplyDelete

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet